Saturday, December 30, 2017

Reindeer Card

Hello Everybody!

I feel like I have not been here in FOREVER!  Oh wait-seeing the date of my last post-I haven't.  Oh my goodness!  I promise I haven't fallen off of the earth.  And I have been doing crafty things-it's just been tough to get them all posted.  So finally some time!  It's good to be back! :)

I am super excited to share with you this card I made.  My friend who loves her kids' bus driver needed another Christmas card.  I was looking around the 'Net for some ideas and when I went to Creative with Stamps the inspiration hit.  Their challenge was reindeer.  And that moment-I saw a school bus being pulled by reindeer.  The next step was to make it happen.  :)

So here is my card:


The background are Tim's new Distress Oxides.  And the bus, reindeer, and buildings are all thanks to my Silhouette.  The sentiment is an Inkadinkado Stamp.  The stars are Queen and Company.  Googly eyes, and the black noses are like flat round dots they used to sell-LOL They were popular a while ago.  And the red nose for Rudolph is a red gem that was in my stash.


The bus-which is totally adorable to me is cut from cardstock and then the yellow is from Doodlebug glittery yellow cardstock.  I put a layer of acetate for the windows-but I don't know if it really mattered.  It seemed like more of a challenge with that layer so I don't know for next time.  

And I love the sentiment-it was the perfect size and it had stars too.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! :)

Don't forget to check out Creative with Stamps:




4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Katy, good to see you again! What a super card, I love it, Jo x

Maria Valente said...

What a great card! Thank you for playing along at Creative With Stamps December Challenge.
Hugs, Mary x

Lilian said...

Oh, that's fun!!!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps! Happy New Year!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Monika Reeck said...

Katy thanks for joining us yaay
and your Deer are soo cuuutee
love your scene my dear
cute card
many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps
hugs
Monika