Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Little Bird Card

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to share the new challenge going over at House of Cards today.  You can use a bird or the color inspiration.  Or both!


There are so many possibilities!  You could use and owl or peacock, or flamingo or cardinal....There are so many birds!  I chose to use this little mover shaker bird from Tim Holtz.  I used the bird cage also.  I cut both out of white cardstock.  The bird cage is colored with Gelatos.  I painted the bird with crystal stickles and added a googly eye (so fun!).  The stamp is from Inkadinkado (circa 2007).  The flowers are a material ribbon and I lightly colored them with tattered rose distress ink.  I used pumice ink around the edges.


I can't wait to see your bird projects.  Make sure to stop by and see my teammates bird cards.  They are all fabulous.  :)

Until next time my friends...bird is the word!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the bird and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mynn xx said...

Katie, this is awesome! I LOVE that you kept it all neutral--and the flower/pearl trim is an amazing finishing touch! Fabulous card, my friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

foleysfriend said...

So super cute; love the googly eye - I feel like he/she is staring at me! Loving the details - sparkly, shiny, antiqued

sue n.
HOC DT

Glittered Paws said...

Love your bird sitting on the cage - and the google eye makes him complete. Love the trim down the left side of your card.

Jane Knudsen said...

Very lovely! I love the shine on your bird and the gorgeous lacey flowers! jane hoc teamie

Susan Renshaw said...

Fab monochromatic card!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!