Friday, July 15, 2016

Splatters Inspiration CWS

Hello Everybody!

We are halfway through July--Yikes!  But the cool thing is we are still doing our Splatters Challenge at Creative With Stamps.




Our sponsor is Stamplorations--and check out the prize:


a $15 Gift Certificate from STAMPLORATIONS
or 
Choice of any 2 ARTplorations Stencils
(for RANDOM Winner)



Here is my card:

For the base of this card I used this pattern paper.  The left side is what it looked like before I added Pumice Stone Distress ink which is on the right side.


Then I used this splatter tool (from Tim Holtz) with the seedless preserves distress marker.  


Here is a close up.  The juicier the marker the better this works.  :)


I put some black embossing powder around the bottom corners to give it that inky dirty feel and it matches the sentiment.  Those are copper micro beads that came in a set from Recollections.  There were 6 in the box and the box was on sale!  Woot! Woot!  I added them while the powder was still hot-but that is not an easy task.  This was not a super thick embossed area and those little beads go everywhere fast!


At the top I had colored on some gelatos-I got the steampunk set and they are fabulous!  In that set is a Black Cherry(dark purple).  So I put that and cinnamon and iced chai (like a gold) at the top and sprayed water.  The drips are from the black cherry gelato and happened to matched the little splatters.

The gears are cut from my silhouette machine.  And then I colored them with the iced chai, black cherry, squid ink, cinnamon, and iced coffee.  Iced coffee is the dirty metal looking color and I think my new favorite gelato.  It really makes them look like metal gears.  I like the cinnamon which is the rusty color and the iced chai and black cherry help add color to the gears.  I cut this gears out of grey cardstock and colored over it with the gelato and my finger.  I added copper brads to the centers of the gears to give them a finished look.  Lastly, I added some more micro beads in the gears.  


Be sure to stop by and see the rest of the team's inspiring cards.  And make sure you get out your splatters and join us! :)

I am linking this card to the following challenges:



Until next time my friends...have an inky day! :)




8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

stunning manly card teamie
I love that tools
i have to buy it
what is the name Katy?
great manly card and love all your arrangement here
stunning color combo
Love love your splatter card

Billie A said...

I love the look of the gears. Great for a masculine card.

Maria Valente said...

Great manly card!
Hugs

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Cool card for a guy :) Great!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really great make, the corners finish it off perfectly

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lilian said...

Awesome masculine card! Love what you did with it!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Meresanth said...

I really like how you used the fine splattering here - it's not overbearing, yet I think it makes a real difference to the final look of the card. Great job! Thank you for joining the fun at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia N. said...

Such a cool card with so many subtle beautiful effects and textures!
Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x