Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Fun with Great Impressions

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to share with you my project today for the Great Impressions Blog!  They just released the December stamps-and these designs are so fun and festive-you will want to add them to your collection!  And just in time there is a sale going on through Monday-click here! :)

So here is my project.  It measures 6 inches tall-so it could be a Christmas ornament or a big Christmas tag.  And at Christmas sometimes you need a big Christmas tag!  I found this design on Pinterest and the original website and how to can be found here.  Because I used what materials I have on hand-scroll on down, and I will show you how I made this.

I used G512 Winter Snowflake for the center with gold embossing powder.


This old thesaurus is what I used for my cones.  My other books seem too "new."


These are chipboard circles for scrapbooking that I have had ffffooorrreeevvveeeerrrrrrr! So I decided one of these would be the base (instead of the star from the original website.)


Before I started to add cones, I stamped B171 To & From on the back with Ranger's Archival Ink.  The back of the chipboard was glossy.


So on the front I started to add my cones.  I used gloss gel medium for my adhesive for the cones and to adhere theme to the chipboard circle.  


For the glitter I used a brushable glue and then drizzled gold glitter over the openings of the cones.


I had punched a hole in the base before I put any cones on so after the cones were glued down I tied on the ribbon.  I used redline tape for the embossed snowflake circle.


This was a lot of fun to create.  But those cones can get tricky!  Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends....have a great Black Friday! :)





3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

It looks beautiful Katy and I Especially love the glitter on the edges
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Annette Allen said...

I seen something like this on Pinterest.. I totally love it.. great job..

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING, Katy! LOVE all the gold and the fabulous tutorial, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx