Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday Fun with Great Impressions

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited that I have done my first post and tutorial over at the Great Impressions Blog!  The ladies over there are super talented so be sure to check out their projects too!

Also, Happy 4th of July!  Here is my patriotic card.



Here is the background.  I used clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Then I used Distress Inks Antique Linen and Walnut Stain and resisted the embossing.  It is like magic when the text appears.


The swirls are embossed with Firecracker Red glitter embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  This is an awesome red and makes the stamp Simple Elegance just pop!

There are 3 butterflies on the Butterfly Trio stamp but since I need one I just cut it out.  I also cut the sentiment out from the Tags stamp.  


Oh and that flower?  It's made from used dryer sheets (and why does that sound weird when I say it?)  Isn't that awesome?  And you can see the tutorial here.

Other supplies on this card are papers from K&Company and Tim Holtz.  The stars are Tim Holtz's too.  (I have to get more stars-I love them!)

Thank you for stopping by my friends!  Go check out the blog!  And you can follow Great Impressions on Facebook too!  Until next time...Thank you to the men and women who fight to keep our country free.  Thank you just doesn't seem like enough.  :)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the flower!!!!

Mynn xx said...

SUPER cool, Katy! I absolutely adore all the texture and mix of elements! LOVE! HUGS! Mynn xx

Jenny Marples said...

What a great project and a fabulous way of using dryer sheets! Jenny x