Monday, August 26, 2013

A Little Halloween Card

Hello Everybody!

I made this card tonight for the challenge going on at Inkspirational.  This week the challenge is to case this card:


Here is my card:


I used the doily as the center like in the original card.  I had a white one that I covered with black soot distress ink.  I love black soot distress ink-what ever did I do before? ;)

I embossed an orange jack o'lantern on the doily.  I popped dotted a glittery foam ghost.  The CASED card had a bird so I felt I needed something flying also.  ;)

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends-Boo! :)


8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A wonderful take on the case card. Love the autumn colours.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

sandie said...

I love the coloured doily and the DSP-great match. Such a cool take on Marina's card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee it! LOVING the ghost, the pumpkin and the doily!!!

Tincan Crafter said...

Hi Sue - loved the card! But what does it mean to "case" a card? Is it like taking inspiration from it?

Mynn xx said...

It's too cute, Katy!!! LOVE the black distressing and your little glittery ghost with the googly eyes is just so fun! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational--hope you join us again soon! :) Mynn xx

Meighan Wheller said...

Great creation Katy. Love how you have used the inspiration to create this fabulous Halloween card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Inkspirational. Meighan DT

Tincan Crafter said...

Hi Katy, first off - I dont why I thought your name was Sue - my apologies. Felt really sheepish when you took the time to come by mine and answer my question about CASEing and then saw that you are not Sue, you are Katy....
Thank you for responding to my question. I always think we should all have like a MSWORD ShiftF7 feature on crafty blogs where we can highlight a word or acronym that we're not up to date with - and get an instant definition. Anyway, sorry about the rechristening and thank you for being so gracious about it! Thanks again for keeping me in the know about "craftexicon".

Carly said...

This is classy! I really like it!