Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Think Vacation!

Hello Everybody!

Summer is in full force!  Nice warm weather and afternoon showers :) and I love everything about it!  That's why I couldn't pass up this week's challenge at Inkspirational.  It was a color challenge and these colors are all summer to me.  Here's my card:



Here is the challenge: #23 Color Challenge.



My hibiscus is from the Life is a Beach cartridge (I think this one's my favorite!).  Then I used orange and yellow stickles to add a bit of glitter.  The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday Stamps.  My sister got them for me for Christmas and this is the first time I am using this set.  Better late than never :)  I used orange embossing powder for the sentiment also.  I used a hexagon embossing folder to add a bit of texture behind my flower.

Thank you guys for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends...stay cool! :)

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Definitely such a true sentinent and a wonderful take on the colour inspiration.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

sandie said...

Love the embossed sentiment, great in Orange! And all the sparkle on your flower is perfect to match your theme! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the flower!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice job, Katy! I like the clean look and your creative use of the colors. It is interesting how only half of the white panel is embossed to give the flower a little more dimension. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Marina said...

Yes, your card really makes me long for my summer holiday . Love the embossed background and the lovely flower. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it, Katy!!! What a super fun use of our colors--I adore the flower and the sentiment together, too! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

SandeeNC said...

Great job on the challenge, awesome color combinations! ( You are more than welcome to share my card on FB ) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FUN!!!! I like to think vacation too! Great color and texture! Love the honeycomb embossing, and sparkly flower!

Gail said...

Hi Katy - I am lifting your creation here [I hope that is OK] - as I love to emboss and do CAS cards very much - I really like this layout - you have lovely creations on your blog - enjoy your day my crafting buddy on Clearly iStamp blog team ~:)