Friday, February 22, 2013

Pretty Shells

Hello Everybody!

Tonight I finished a card for the challenge at Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge SNSSC16-a color challenge using blues.

Normally, I get nervous with color challenges.  I don't know why but I do and I tend to avoid them.  You know how you figure out what you like to do.  For instance I am more a sketch and supply gal.  But today I conquered this color fear.  The last color on the palette was white (or that's how I interpreted it).  The blues I used Sparkle N Sprinkle embossing powders along with their stamps.


Here is a close up.  I chose to add this second picture because you can see the glittery goodness on the shell on the right hand side.  For the shells I used stamp set 158 Tropical.  For the shell and sand dollar I used SNS Mediterranean Star embossing powder.  For the star fish I used SNS embossing powder Ocean Spark (so pretty in person!).  I don't know what stamp set the sentiment is from (although I am pretty sure it is an SNS stamp).  I used Mediterranean embossing powder for the sentiment.  It doesn't have sparkle.  I embossed white cardstock to make those cool dots.  Lastly, I used pop dots for the star fish.

There is still time to play this challenge and you don't have to use SNS stamps but if you do they are giving folks a digi stamp-just for playing and using SNS stamp.  So exciting!

Better go for now friends!  Until next time have a great weekend!


5 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Katy, What a cool card. I love the stamps you used from set 158. and the EP's you used are perfect. Thanks for using the SNS stamps and I will be mailing your freebie digi stamp. Good luck for this challenge. Hope to see you again next month.
Barbara - SNS challenge coordinator

Angi Barrs said...

Very pretty shells. Makes me want to go to the beach! :)

Candy C said...

Hi Katy!! Love your card! The blue against the embossed white card is so pretty! Very nautical feeling! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! It is much appreciated. Hugs, Candy

Claudia N. said...

Lovely and delicate, Katy!

Love especially the texture behind the cute bling shell images!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the use of glitters! Thanks for playing with SNS Sketch Challenge!