Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Technique Tuesday-Pop Up Style!

Hello Everybody!

Happy New Year!  Wow-2013!  A whole month of writing 2012 until when can get our brains retrained-LOL.

So we are starting the year off with an awesome technique!  You can find the instructions here for making the pedestal pop up piece.  The recipient will have a happy surprise when he or she opens your card!

Make sure you stop by Technique Tuesday to see all of the DT's beautiful cards!  They all did a fantastic job! :)

Here is the front of my card.  It's a leprechaun belly!  I inked the edges of his suit with gold.  The buttons were originally white but I colored them with Ranger's gold alcohol ink.  And I glued on this orange yarn I have had forever-the perfect color orange too!  I love it when a plan comes together!


And then you open it to see clover goodness!  I cut this out on my cricut using the Celebrate with a Flourish cartridge.

Thank you for stopping by!  I can't wait to visit Pedestal Pop Up Cards!  Until next time my friends...Have a wonderful Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love pop up cards and love yours Katy
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Annette Allen said...

what a cool card... Happy New Year Katy

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it!!! It's so fun that we all chose different holidays and I adore your amazing front--it's so clever! Thank you SO MUCH for the hard work you do at Technique Tuesday! Here's to a wonderful 2013! :)

Nancy said...

LOVE your pop-up card Katy! I love how you made the front ~ So Creative!!! Have A Beautiful Night!
Nancy xx :D

Ginger said...

I love your card also! Feel free to post it on your Facebook page!

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Katy, thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. It made me pop over for a look and I'm so glad I did, such awesome cards and other things too! You're obviously a very crafty lady! I would love it if you posted my card on FB.
Louise xx