Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tidbit Tuesday--It's Technique Tuesday!

Hello Everybody!

Happy Tuesday!  This is one of my most favorite Tuesdays of every month...because Technique Tuesday has a new challenge!

This month's cool challenge is to use masking tape, ink, and clear embossing powder to create a faux leather look.  Here is my example:


These printed die cut shapes are from K&Company.  Let me tell you I love them!  This is from a vintage collection I bought a few years ago maybe?  I was just looking in the package, and I kept finding these pieces related to games...so that's how I got the idea for this invitation.

I used a red ribbon on top of a brown ribbon for the ribbon on my card.


These letters are chip board letters from the girls' paperie by Margie.  I got them at the Scrapbook Expo because I don't think the company is still in business (I think Margie does Authentique now which is also awesome.)  But I LOVE these letters!


Here is the inside.  Scrabble-like letters on the inside.


This is a fun technique so I hope to see your entries very soon!  Until next time my friends....who's game?

5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Katy this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work well together.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member}
{Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts DT Member}

Mynn xx said...

Katy, this is so fabulous!!! LOVE your tile sentiment and all the amazing accents! Such a super fun invitation!!! Thanks so much for being on top of things while I haven't--I appreciate it! ;)

Sandy said...

What a great card. Such a great technique will have to have a go at this one TFS. Sandy :)

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun. Love the playing cards package too!

Tracey said...

What a super card and so perfect for a guy or girl! I love the game diecuts you used. That red ribbon really pops on this.
Hugs