Monday, April 16, 2012

Earth Day? Let's make it a Week!

Hello Everybody!

I had this idea in my head today, and I thought I should try to make it happen.  Sunday is Earth Day.  And although everyday should be Earth Day, why not make it Earth week?

So today is Monday (what's left of it) and I am going to share some Earth Day goodness with you-and everyday up until Sunday.  How fun!

Recycle, upcycle, reuse, reduce--all words associated with Earth Day.  However, they are also trendy right now.

I created a card reusing things that might end up in either the trash or recycle bin.

I am linking this card to Simon Says Stamp and Show--Anything Goes!

Now if your good and bring your Earth bags to the grocery store, you are AWESOME!  I forget them most of the time.  However, sometimes I can get paper bags.  The background is from a piece of Whole Foods paper bag.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug and embossed it.  Free kraft paper!  The pieces of the bag that I can't use, I can put into the recycle bin.  The twine here is from Ikea.  We must have had to tie something, and I couldn't throw it away.

The tree stamp is from Imaginance and the sentiment is from G Studio.  I used distress inks and water on my tag (I LOVE that technique-so easy!)  On the paper bag paper and my green strip (Recollections cardstock) I inked with black ink.


Here's a close up.  I used Sprinkle N Sparkle embossing powder-sienna star on the tree.  That is one of the most beautiful embossing powders I have ever used.  So sparkly!  I got it in a sample, and I am gonna have to get some more of it!

So all of this excitement has inspired me to host my very first challenge here!

The Challenge:  Create a card or tag using 2 recycled or upcycled things.  Please list them in your post.

When: You have until midnight EST Earth Day-Sunday, April 22nd to link your creation

Prize: I don't know yet, but I (and possibly the help of my husband) will pick one creation to send something to.  However, I can only send the prize to residents of the US.  My apologies to my international friends, I'm sure you understand.

The Catch: You do have to be a follower of I Like to Cut and Paste :)
                  This needs to be a new creation-no backlinking
                   Please link your project-not your whole blog


This collection is closed.





This is my first Mr. Linky deal so if this doesn't work, leave your link in the comments!  Your entry will appear in the pop up window where you entered your information.  Until next time my friends...Reduce, Recycle, Reuse :)

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is just way to pretty...love this amazing card.

Candy C said...

Your Earth Day card is really pretty. Very earthy! :) Love the background. The earthy tag with the little tree stamped image and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy