Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello Friend

Hey Everybody!

Hope you are having a good weekend.  My hubby and I did yard work yesterday and are relaxing today! :)  As a matter of fact I am hearing him and our son chant "Let's go Celtics!"  :)  Good Times!

So while they are watching the basketball game, I was playing!  I created this card for the challenge over at Moxie Fab:  Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  There's still a little time to play so go check it out--after you see my card of course!  :)


Here are the stamps I used for the background.  I got them a few years ago at a CKU.  They are from Stephanie Barnard.  I don't know if they still make stamps like this but these are cool because the backsides show the design also.


So here is how they turned out.  I stamped directly on the card.  Then I added a few more swirlies.  I heat embossed them.  I love that process--they turn like magic!


I had this blue in my scrap stash and just had to make it fit.  The torn edges were already there-perfect!  Also, the sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder.


Until next time my friends...beat those winter blues!  Spring time is around the corner! :)

4 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Pretty embossing! Love the blue :)

Annette Allen said...

so pretty...lovely embossed background...great take on the trigger..

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Khandrogos said...

this technique makes the stamps look like they were printed on the paper. very cool
"let's go Celtics!"