Monday, February 6, 2012

Tidbit Tuesday-Crayons and Blocks

Hello Everybody!

Happy Tuesday!  This is a fun tidbit.  Also, I am entering it into the challenge at Moxie Fab: Embossing & Debossing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  

Here's my card:


Scroll on down, and I will tell you my how I made this card :)

I was coloring and drawing with my son.  We just bought him this floor paper pad at Wal-mart.


We got some new crayons, though I am more interested in Metallic green than he is.  He is 2 though so that may have something to do with it! ;)


So I remembered this little idea from Parents magazine last year, and my husband said that as a kid he did this.  I got out my son's blocks and spelled out be mine...


I put it under a sheet of paper.  And colored on the paper.


Look how fun!  It's sort of like dry embossing but with a crayon!


Here's it finished.  Since this is in my son's book, I didn't want to tear it out.  Also, I was thinking that you guys may not have this specific book, so I went looking for paper alternatives.


This is cardstock.  I didn't like it as much as the thinner paper in the drawing pad.  You have to press down hard to get the impression, and I didn't want the block to move.


This is printer paper.  And I didn't use all of the borders of the blocks so that I could bring the sentiment in to fit a card 4 by 5.5 inches (long).


Here's my card again.  I put heart punches on it and red and white Martha Stewart's baker twine at the bottom.  Hope you have fun with it!  Until next time my friends...maybe your kids have something else fun you can play with! ;)

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a nice idea to create a love card and you have finished it off perfectly with the string.
Hugs
Desire

Robin said...

very clever!!
Robin

Donelda said...

what a great idea!!

Khandrogos said...

cool ideas are all around us! great job!