Friday, February 3, 2012

50 Year Anniversary Card

Hello Everybody,

It's been a busy week!  I haven't posted many projects this week-but don't worry-there are some in the making.  With the blog hop there are 50 hosts minus me so 49 hosts for me.  Each of those hosts has a card sketch which gets your name in their drawing an extra time.  I am setting a goal to do all 49 sketches.

I know there are only 29 days in February and today is the end of the 2nd day.  But I think I can do it!

But as of right now I haven't started :)  However, I am showing y'all this very cool card I did back in November.  My husband's parents have been married for 50 years.  So I did a card to represent each of those years.  I used my hole punch to make the holes and ribbon or embroidery floss to tie them together.

Enjoy...








'84 was when Miami Vice first aired ;)



'87 was done on a piece of transparency.





Y2K is the year 2000-remember the computers were going to stop working.






This is how they looked on the wall.  This was my husband's idea.  He wanted the card to show each year.  And he wanted it to be able to fold out into a long thing to show how "long" they've been together.  Once I got started this was an awesome project to do!

Until next time my friends...string 'em together! :)


4 comments:

Julie H said...

wow! What a totally amazing project! I hope your in-laws really appreciate it!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun project...

Khandrogos said...

This came out better than I ever imagined it. My folks loved it!

Eniko said...

What a great idea! Beautifully done!