Friday, January 27, 2012

Sunny Side Up! Card

Hello Everybody!

No, I'm not talking about eggs--I'm talking about the card I made tonight for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge #SNSSC03.  Here is January's sketch:




Remember I won that totally cool tropical stamp set last month...



I used the sunshines to make this card.  Scroll on down, and I'll show you what I did.


First I stamped the two small sunshines and the one big sunshine on yellow cardstock.  The bigger sun I wanted to make extra special, so I used some orange Stickles to outline it.  Then I put it off to the side to dry.  I cut my plain blue paper.  Next I got out this little sponge...


I poured out a little white acrylic craft paint and dabbed the top and bottom portions of the sketch.  This is the first time I have really done this, and it was so fun!  I should have gotten out more blue paper and made more clouds!  I really like how the clouds look.


Once the paint dried I put the sunshines on and used a pop dot for the fancy one in the middle.  I stamped the sentiment over the clouds.  I had these little die cut clouds and used them between the suns.  Those cool suns brighten my day :)  Until next time my friends...get out the paint!




3 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Katy, What a cute card. I love how you sponged te card stock with paint to make the clouds. Perfect with the sun you used. Thanks for joining in the SNS Monthly Sketch Challenge.

Khandrogos said...

awesome! this would so make someone's day!

Donna Ellis said...

Katy, I LOVE what you have done with your card! Those clouds are spectacular - thank you for sharing how to create them. I want to do this now, too. I'm thinking how great it might be in creating lawns or any background. So you just used regular blue CS for the technique? It didn't have to be specialty paper or really thick CS? Thanks again, and good luck at the SNS challenge!