Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Carved Pumpkins-A Scrapbook Page

Hello Everybody!

I made this page for Let's Scrap!  Today's the last day for this sketch, but tomorrow there will be something new and exciting--so stop by and check it out!  Also, they are having a blog hop starting Feb 1st and guess what!  I am in the blog hop.  My very first one!  But--more on that later! :)

So here's the sketch...


I did the first page of the sketch.  And here's my page.  Scroll on down, and I'll show you what I did...


These stickers are the pumpkin and jack o' lantern stickers I used.  I hadn't opened them yet...which means I have had them for awhile...

Then here are these BoBunny Halloween stickers--taking it back old school.  I think the copyright is like 2003...Yikes!  I'm sure I got them in 2005 ;)  haha!


Although I started off being a little concern about their style, I think it works ok.  I stapled the ric rac and did double ric rac with one orange and one black piece.  There were 2 little pieces I cut off of this and I taped it to the back of the Pumpkin title.


Here is my chicken scratch handwriting--oh I mean my journaling ;)  These are Cloud 9 bats and pumpkin.  Around the edge of the journaling square I used a Smooch color--let me tell you it doesn't dry as quickly as you think!


I was determined to one of these ghosts.  Especially since I happen to but another pack at a different time and didn't realize it until much later.  Is that a sign that I might have too much stuff? ;)


There is my ghost.  The ghost and the word stickers were all put on white cardstock and then I cut them out.  You can see how much white shows through and if I put him directly on my project, he would have been lost...like a real ghost ;)


Super fun K&C Company trim on the bottom!  I did have to run it through the Xron X machine to make sure it would stick. 

And here is my completed page!  Until next time my friends...get out those Halloween pictures!

6 comments:

Betty Anne said...

Love your layout Katy, the sitckers may be old but you have made them look great. I really like how you did the ghost with the white underneith, it really makes it stand out.

I just wanted to mention that the new sketch won't be posted until Wednesday.

Cherish said...

Such a cute layout!! I love it!

k wallace said...

Another super "themed" layout, Katy! You have so many "bits'n'pieces," but they are so well coordinated and placed that there is no confusion and the pages flows so smoothly! Love you journaling! Also, love the little touches--like the mini ribbon paperclipped to the center banner! Awesome job...again! Love following your blog!

Carly said...

Cute pumpkins! My favorite detail is the ghosts!

Annette Allen said...

awesome page layout. Love those pumpkins..

Anonymous said...

As one of the pumpkins in the picture I can say how cool this is with no false modesty.