Saturday, December 10, 2011

World Card

Hello Everybody!

Happy Saturday Night!  I have been working away on a challenge for Moxie Fab.  There are so many challenges going on right now!  Go check it out: Get Inspired by Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World!

Also, I am submitting this card to the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge: Left Overs.  They are a great blog to visit too.  The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge is to use scrap pieces, things left over from other projects.  After I did this card, I realized all of my pieces were from my scrap pile.  Yay!!  So let's check it out!

The picture for inspiration was:


Love this globe!  What a perfect thing to inspire creativity!

As you will see I was inspired to use an Earth.  Scroll down and I'll show you how I did it!


First I had some nice bright white cardstock.  I used my Cricut (Going Places cartridge) to cut out the Earth and a circle for it to fit on.  I was kinda scared cutting out the circle because if something were to mess up, I didn't have anymore of that paper.  But all was good until I realized I didn't want to paint that circle with Smooch.  It would have taken forever!


I did however paint the land with a green apple Smooch.  Look at how fun and shimmery!  Love it!


So I dumped out my scrap box (there tucked in other places too but we won't go there).  I found this deep blue color to go with my land.  It was a scrap from the box.


There's my scraps pile.  I'll tell you it didn't go back in the box as nicely as it was when I dumped it.  I guess I need to make a few more cards from this pile!  (and there's more in other places!)


I used my small Xyron to adhere my land masses.


I dug through and found a light blue background paper that I adhered to my base card (4.5X5 inches).
The letters are from Making Memories.  They are also glittery so that was a nice touch to my card.

So until next time my friends...stay worldly! :)

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome card...very creative..

Kerry said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Nilda Rockenbach said...

great job. Thank you for participating in the challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired by Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Helen said...

What a great way to use some scraps - fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot - hope you'll join us for a new challenge tomorrow! :0)
Helen x