Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sunshine for your Tidbit Tuesday

Hello Everybody! 

I hope you are having a good week so far!  Fall is on it's way...but before I get the leaves and Halloween stamps out...here's one last look at some sunshine!  (Until spring of course right!?)

First I get out some light blue card stock.  This measures about 3.5X5.5.  I got this from my scrap box, so look there first!  Sky paper would also look good.


Then I start in the center with some glue.  I am using Glossy Accents, but if you have a different liquid glue, that should work, too.  You want it to dry clear.  I start making a circle.
 

Here is my circle complete and pretty filled in.  Don't go too crazy.  You can also add as you go along so if you aren't sure how big.  Start small and then add glue to the circle.


I start my yarn.  This is a baby yarn so it is pretty soft.  I must have gotten it on sale because I don't knit or crochet...(though I've tried!)


I am adding glue because my circle was bigger in some spots.  So this is to even out my sunshine.


 The main circle is done.


Then I add glue lines and start applying the sunshine lines.  I put the edge of the line to the main circle and lay the yarn on the glue going away from it.  Then I cut the yarn.


Here's the finished sunshine.  It's ready for a page or card.


 Here's another picture of it in the light.  You could blend yarn colors to.  This is a lot of fun, and maybe the kids would like to do it too!  Until next time my friends, stay sunny :)

No comments: