Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tidbit Tuesday--Patches

Hello Everybody!

First I want to say I have my first follower!  Yay!  This is so exciting!  Thank you!

Second--Michaels is having a sale on the Recollection paper selection.  I believe it said 5 for a $1.  This may vary from state to state, but I think you can double check the website to see.  They have some cute papers!  If you need to stock up, now is the time!

Now for biggest tidbit of all!

Patches--not just for pirates anymore!  LOL!

Sometimes you go to places and want to buy something to put in your scrapbook or memory album, but nothing stands out.  Maybe the post cards are too generic and nothing else seems to catch your eye.  Then you see some patches and think "To iron or not to iron onto a canvas bag...." So you leave empty handed. 

But wait!  Patches are cool scrapbook embellishments.  See these...


I bought these at a Comic Book convention.  I can scrap that as part of that experience along with the program (where it shows where booths are and special events within the convention.)  However, I am going to use the Star Trek patch on a page that has my son in the Star Trek onesie we bought at that same convention.  :)  And we love Doctor Who, so I will scrap that on a page when I do favorite TV shows (that will be a blog entry all on its own--but you can go ahead and get started on it.  When you look back, it's fun to see what you were watching at the time.)

Here is an old scrapbook page I did from a trip to the zoo in 2005.  It's before I started dating the pages on the back.  At least I dated the event--whew!

The patch is in the top right hand corner.  I adhered it using glue dots.  You need something a little stronger than paper glue to make sure it stays in place.  I also have some close-ups as you scroll down.  "Tropical" is done by quilling.  "Birds" is a rub-on, and the shiny blue palm tree square is from Scrapyard 329.




Have fun using patches! 

***Follow us on Facebook!  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/I-Like-to-Cut-and-Paste-A-love-for-Scrapbooking-and-Cardmaking/242504019093192

Until next time...

1 comment:

Khandrogos said...

Can't wait to see you explain quilling!
Gotta love patches!