Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Awesome Finds!

Hello Everybody!

Yesterday I went "thrifting" with a friend of mine.  We went to some thrift stores and some antique stores.  So fun! 

I got a couple of cool things that I wanted to share with you!

First is this material.  It's over a yard and I paid 50 cents for it!  Check out this great retro 70's print.  You will have to stay tuned to see what I do with it!


Ok, so at a different store, more with antiques and cute things, I found a big "bowl" of buttons.  I probably could have been there all day going through this huge collection of buttons!  But I found these things...Napoleon Coin buttons that have the shank on the back so it really is a button--or 2 of them anyway.  I paid $2 for these.  And the Asian coin on the right was only 50 cents.  A total of $3.  How great is that!


You never know where cool things are going to pop up.  I like to go to garage sales and thrift stores.  I have seen craft things at Goodwill, also.  Recently, I saw a bag of pompoms, cord, embroidery floss, and ribbon.  Since I have a full supply of all those things I left it for the next person to enjoy.  However, I did pick up a small guest book there for a $1.  Like my friend says, "It was talking to me."  Hopefully, my creativity will talk to me, I can do something cool with it and share it!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good tip to keep an eye out for scrapbook items outside the normal places.